I have been playing no limit like crap. To boot, I have not been running well.
I have dropped 6 buy-ins in no limit. Losing and playing soft poker engender the worst feeling in the world- if you feel like a marginal winner and the deck is being cruel, you're a big loser. At this rate, that will be 1/2 a bankroll in 10k hands. Only my tournament winnings keep me in breakeven territory. Even those have been a pain in the butt kind of grind though.
To remedy that I did the best thing I know: I logged a quick winner. After about a half hour, I was up a little less than a buy-in and I quit. Then I moved down a limit to simply play more hands.
I am reviewing microstakes no limit strategy videos and books,and trying to adjust my game significantly.
This week, my goals are:
1) Grind in tourneys, limit and no limit.
2) Focus on adjusting postflop play against careless players. Specifically, adjust continuation betting, turn aggression, and showdown strategies.
3) Watch my brother play this week.
4) Study the crap out of low stakes poker.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment