If you are not a winning tournament player, please refrain from trash-talking other players in the chatbox. Big Sharky is watching.
A guy laid into me last night and I asked him if I even had to go to Sharkscope to look him up. This is a more advanced technique; the abusive player must know what Sharkscope is in order to react. I suspected he was, he used several poker slang terms correctly. By and large, the soon-to-be-Scoped become quiet if they are a slight loser, smug if they are not, and persuasive about how "Sharkscope is bullsh*t" etc. if their nose is open and chips are pouring out.
This guy chose the last option. Between that and his berating, I could tell he didn't understand the mechanics of tournaments, his ego was hurt by his poor results, and he was willing to take some of that out on me if I let him.
Just a friendly reminder that any information you give away is always in addition to the data available on the web. And I know who lost 2k last year and who didn't.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment