January wrap up and February.
So, here is my take on January. By and large, the things I have always been good at, I am still good at.
1) Straightforward limit play.
2) No limit preflop and on straightforward flops.
3) Sit n goes.
Here are a few things I need to improve, primarily in NLH, which killed me.
1) Recognizing when to take a non-standard line.
2) Recognizing when a villain is adjusting correctly OR over adjusting and making counter adjustments.
3) Positional strategy. I need to widen the "positional gap" against most of my opponents. I should be playing less hands upfront.
4) Making BETTER plays on the turn and the river.
5) Better bet sizing in 3 bet pots.
6) Better game and seat selection.
7) Consider more aggressive lines in deep situations.
Here are some hands I posted for my brother to look at. Anyone who wants to may comment on them as well.
1. Limit hold 'em 6max. Thin spots.
2. Bigger NLH pots.
3. 3 bet preflop pots.
4. More 3 bet pots.
Here are my study goals:
1) Watch more session videos.
2) Post one hand per 1k in my HEM.
3) Two more sessions with PES.
4) Read the last two parts of "YBPF".
5) Reread "Ace on the River"
6) Reread "The Theory of Poker".
Here are my poker play goals for February.
1) SNG games more of them, destroy them. I'm stupid not to play at 20/hr.
2) NLH- get up to beating 25 and 50 NL.
3) Try for 15k hands/wk (15 hours!).
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment