I summarized my results over a short run of hands here. In this post, I set out my plans for proceeding.
So far I played one excellent session and one solid but swongy one.
Also some good news: in addition to my usual day-to-day shop talk with PES, I have started studying my game with Jewfro Jerome.
Here are my scheduling strategies for this week:
1. play two 2 hour+ sessions 4-tabling 25 NL. I want to reduce the interference and distractions of multi-tabling so that I can practice three things: consistent decision making, attending to the difficulties of longer sessions, and build my stamina at a lower risk of spewing. I will maintain a simple 15' warm-up --> 2 hours of play --> 20 minute cool-down strategy. In the cool down I will, assess my results by table, position, and hand groups. Then I will do a relaxation exercise. I will make an exception and allow 1 tournament and four 6 max tables, as tournament poker can be auto-piloted relatively easily.
2. Play 7500 hands of poker in total. Hopefully I can get in some 8-tabling as well. I will maintain my focus on mindfulness, hand selection under the gun and performance on later streets.
3. Stop playing HUDless, multitasking poker. It makes no sense to play with money in a compromised situation, yet I do it to pass time. It commits too much mental resource to poker with too little- either in money or amount learned- in return.
4. Make a two-table video. I want to try it on several formats.
5. Watch 1+ video per day. Study three videos. Today: pokey at the table. I have voiced a little skepticism about some of his strategies, but I know other players really like his style. Tomorrow: Hunter and Tendler. After that, we'll see.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Kirk,
ReplyDeleteNice to se that you set some goals! I do think it's the best(if not only way) to climb up to the next level.
Btw, what is it that you don't like about the Pokey style?
Keep Fighting!!