Before I played today, I watched a video from a cardrunners player and Kyle Hendon about playing no limit in a looser, more showdown oriented way. I have an itch to play no limit soon, so maybe I'll do that next time I play.
I started off playing limit hold 'em, but I was neither winning nor playing particularly well. I still deviate from a solid strategy too much when I am not focused on it. This is very frustrating. So, I decided to move on and play some tournament poker. Holy smokes, tournament poker can be a breeze. I ran pretty well in my larger buy in tournaments and my multitable tournaments, so I made some decent scratch. After a few hours though, I was pretty bored, so I decided to make an effort back in limit play. I feel like I did much better.
In wrapping up, I reviewed my data from the year so far. I think I have been running a little poorly, but my play has some leaks. I am paying off too much with one pair and losing some money with suited connectors. I'll post some more analysis and my ideas of how to improve tomorrow.
Meanwhile, behold! My awesome tournament result: 66% ROI over 12 tournaments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment