Saturday, January 3, 2009

You're an apex predator! First day of the grind.

The grind remains the grind. I sat at $0.25/$0.50 6-max limit hold 'em today for about 2600 hands, or roughly 4 hours. I also played an hour of sit n' goes. The goal of the day was not to make a heap of money, but rather to adjust to playing with my new approach. I made out ok and played as well as I could have. I'll rate it as a 7 out of 10.

After the sessions, I posted some hands on 2+2 and stoxpoker. My names are kirkt and kirkthompson if you want to look them up.

Playwise, I am pretty rusty. I can no longer easily octo-table, even with my sexy monitor. I start to auto-pilot a litte, loosening up against raises, playing my hands more straightforwardly, and forgetting my reads and lines on previous turns. This will improve with practice.

Observations:
The game is far more aggressive than I remember from the sunny days of 2004. Value betting is a standard skill in 6max and calling down is much more nuanced.

I am far less aggressive postflop and not accustomed to heads-up play postflop, especially in marginal spots.

I have a lot to learn, but I am still pretty good an I learn quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment