I rebuilt it partially through grinding SNGs. I used some of this money to buy a jumbo monitor and then lost quite a bit of what was left (about half), in a downswing. I failed to recognize how often I was entering losing situations in heads up play and limit hold 'em by playing casually without my arsenal of equipment and dilligent review.
I don't plan to let this happen again. Right now I have enough money to play at the lowest stakes possible at both pokerstars and fulltilt (just to pass the time really). I plan to deposit $1k into each site by the end of next week. This will give me a decent sized bankroll.
It's enough to play 3 games I know I can beat:
- $50 NL.
- $.5/$1 Limit games.
- $10-$30 sit n' gos.
At these limits, I can play 4-8 tables comfortably and achieve an earn on the level of a skilled tradesman's wage if I am winning. Right now, I wouldn't earn that, so I have to start down a level to practice.
So, until later in January I'll be playing $5 SNGs, $25 NL and 0.25/0.5 limit hold 'em and getting used to playing poker for longer sessions and more money.
This will be difficult because these stakes don't cost a lot of money. Playing badly doesn't affect me enough mentally, so I must practice good decisions for good decision's sake. I'll post more as I play.
No comments:
Post a Comment