I only played about 1k hands of live play to day- some of the swingiest of my life. In part this was because today marked the first sweat session shippopotamus and I did together. Talking, thinking and playing poker with him is fantastically fun. Tomorrow morning, I will post the sickest beat I've ever seen, as well as some stuff about my play. To boot, I think my game was a little off. I want to go over some decisions in my tournament play a little more carefully.
I watched a couple vids today by Pokey and Code7654321. The basic no limit stuff is a good place for me to start right now-- I have been away from it too long. I also read and posted a ton of hands. Including one I am terribly embarassed by (I overplay AJ- a hand called "parking lot" because of its weakness against narrow raising ranges- against a fishes three bet. yuk). I also listened to a short treatise by "The Bryce" on good poker. Surely "the" belongs in front of no other first name as much as his.
The best part of my "fantasy poker"- I thought the advice I was receiving from other players was bad and Matt Matros -a "famous" pro- said I played it right. Shippopotamus said that when he read it, he imagined Matros' book jacket photo winking and saying "You played it perfectly!"
Ship it.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment