Thursday, April 16, 2009

My C-game.

I played a 90 minute session of 25 and 50 NL yesterday. During which, my girlfriend called and seemed stressed out that I wasn't able to accomodate her change of plans. This of course made me upset and my game went off kilter right away. I tried to straighten it out, but I did not succeed. As an exercise, I am making a list of attributes for my C-game. The poker game I play when I should really think more seriously about ending my session early.

  1. I lose my "intuitive" grasp of marginal hand values. Really, I do not recognize things that I should be processing. The cutoff doesn't fold to c-bets often enough, the UTG player has a VPIP of 16, etc, etc.
  2. I pay off obvious value bets. I let bad players take my money. I let good players take my money when they shouldn't.
  3. I fail to recognize good semibluffing situations. Example: a villain led into my set on a threeflush turn. Obviously I am never folding and the villain will not fold his flushes. But, I am thinking about that instead of the likelihood that I can get the villain to commit to a worse hand with a raise or fold something with nine outs to beat me.
  4. My game selection goes out the window.
  5. I play fancy poker instead of ruthless poker.
  6. I abandon core strategy ideas. I will make thin, slightly minus-EV plays without considering them and neglect really solid decision making like: 3betting a folder or flatting a strightforward player to peel one street, no more.
  7. I stop recognizing my table image.

No comments:

Post a Comment