Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Long time no blog!

Where have I been?

Nowhere special pokerwise.

I've been playing occasionally- mostly HU limit and short tourneys. I am super high variance at HU, but it's fun. I can beat the driftwood at 1/2, but not the handy regs. Game selection, you say?

This month, I am dedicating my poker time to three things.

  1. Improving my consistency and my mental game. 50NL will be me grind, and I plan to work on playing a good, semi loose and aggressive game all the time. Tight upfront, floating only to exploit or to invite in callers with a hand that plays well against them, loose in the back, taking control of 3bet pots, and getting in good value bets on later streets.
  2. Playing tournaments if Iget bored of cash play. I plan to put in serious hours.
  3. A superficial analysis of what good players have in common, what separates good players from bad ones in multiple situations. I've purchased ~11 million poker hands of 50NL play and plan to do some serious number crunching on it :D.
I'll write more as it comes up.

Today's session went pretty well, although I did run into a set w/AA in a 120 BB pot. The guy put more than 10% of his stack in, so he can't really say he "won". Hellooo, variance.

No comments:

Post a Comment