Monday, May 18, 2009

Morning Bonus Session

I woke up late this morning and was unable to get in to a morning meeting.

...so I spoiled myself a little and played some 50NL for about an hour. I made two glaring errors right off.

The first was shoving jacks into a tight villain who raised and then 4bet from the cutoff against my reraise- with one caller squeezed in between. I always read this as weak enough to call, assuming AQ,AJs+,TT+. But from this guy it's the goods. Pshhh. Adios buy-in.

The second, I raised KK on a deep stack table and got 4 callers. Flop ran K-J-brick, all diamonds. I bet and isolated a spewy player who limp-called preflop. I bet a brick turn and he made a decent raise. Although I would argue it is still closer than people like to think- this guy would definitely slowplay two pair, and overpair, or better on this flop- I shoved and he showed a made flush. Goodbye two buy-ins. The correct line was probably call-fold or call-call. I have not decided which.

Third small, but significant, bad decision. I bet-called a check raised w/AQ TPTK on a coordinated board and let him check-raise me again. I paid off a set.

On the other hand, I did bring my guns to war. I correctly played for set value in a few monster pots, fired a lot of second barrel pots and even a third barrel, and also got my money back from the spewzord who hit the flush on me in a virtually identical spot (my flush vs his strong made hand), except he was drawing dead. And it was a 300-and change pot :D.

I'm glad I'm getting used to 50 NL.

No comments:

Post a Comment