Monday, February 1, 2010

January in Review.

  1. I played some no limit hold 'em. Rush poker was invented.
  2. I learned how to play PLO8 at minor costs to myself.
  3. I played some 180 and 90 man tourneys.
  4. I didn't play any sit n gos.
A few things I learned.

I am still a bit of a stubborn jerk when it comes to bankroll management.
The right time to decide how much you are willing to risk trying a new game is right before you take a spot at the table. I definitely learned that the hard way with rush limit hold 'em. I took it for granted that I could still beat the game down. Nope. I did correctly assess this problem with tournaments. But, I need to be more consistent.

My "poker sense" needs a little warm-up time.
Lately I've noticed that I am too loose and passive when I first sit down. I make bad decisions and read hands poorly. It's not good poker.

PLO8 is an awesome game.
It's superbly fun, and the whole game runs on postflop equity.

Putting in volume is a lot of fun.
I've played >25k hands since mid-January and I reckon I'll get in another 140k by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment